Buxton Methodist Church takes its responsibility for the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults very seriously.
Our church complies with the requirements of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Guidance for the Methodist Church. This follows the requirements of current legislation and accepted good practice from within the Church, statutory agencies and other community organisations with safeguarding responsibilities.
To see our Statement of Safeguarding principles and policy, click here.
If you have a safeguarding concern, please contact:
- Buxton Superintendent Minister: Rev Andrew Parker 01298 23556
- District Safeguarding Officer: Mrs Helen Bolton 07498 800427
- Derbyshire County Council: Child protection service 01629 533 190
- Derbyshire Police 999 / 101
- Other numbers: Childline 0800 1111 and NSPCC 0808 800 5000